Pin It
Menu

Get Help With A Motorcycle Accident In Terre Haute, IN


People who ride motorcycles need to invest in safety classes. Injuries received in motorcycle accidents can be very serious. In fact, the statistics are alarming. Only 20 percent of motorcycle accidents do not result in injuries. On the other hand, there are no injuries in 80 percent of car accidents. This may be because of the motorcycle rider’s vulnerability. The body is very exposed. Indeed, a helmet and a leather outfit do little to protect the body in a high impact collision. Interestingly, whether or not one wears a helmet can affect their rights in an accident.

Helmet laws and their affect on a liability claim vary from state to state. Individuals injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Terre Haute IN, should Contact McGlone Law. These attorneys have been around for a while and understood motorcycle claims. Many states consider drivers partially liable for the accident if they fail to wear a helmet. In essence, the law is saying the driver has some blame for their own injury. Similarly, the way a motorcycle is built poses some danger in the certain situation. For instance, would you ride a motorcycle on railroad tracks? It would be a dangerous ride on a motorcycle because of the narrow tires. Likewise, there are many other road hazards. Potholes, grates, and manhole covers are all hazardous to riders.

The lawyer knows where to file a claim after a Motorcycle Accident in Terre Haute IN. If the accident is caused by a road hazard, the party may have a claim against the local or state government. Interestingly, the driver of a car may be liable for a cyclist’s injury even if they do not hit them. For example, a driver may crash his bike to avoid hitting a car that is in the wrong lane. Many car-motorcycle accidents happen because the car’s driver does not see the cycle. Many drivers fail to see motorcycles exiting parking spaces. Likewise, many drivers do not see motorcycles at toll booths until they are right behind them. Motorcycle drivers have rights that need to be protected. If you are injured, visit a lawyer as soon as possible.

Leave a reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *