In the state of Connecticut, bicyclists have the same rights to be on the road as vehicles. Unfortunately, not all motorists properly watch out for bicyclists and injuries, and even deaths end up occurring. When a bicyclist is hit by a car or other motor vehicle, they can end up suffering serious injuries that can have a big impact on their life. When serious injuries occur because of an accident, it is crucial for victims to seek legal guidance from a bicycle accident Lawyer in Norwich CT.
Unfortunately, drivers do not always follow the rules of the road and practice reasonable care when operating their vehicles. When a driver has caused an accident involving a bicyclist, the driver can be held liable for the injuries and damages they have caused. It is imperative victims meet with a bicycle accident lawyer in Norwich, CT. Lawyers can help injured victims in the following ways:
• Review all police and accident reports to ensure there is true liability
• Gather scene evidence and interview eyewitnesses
• Perform recreations of the accident so information can be gleaned for court
• Review medical bills and records to determine the total measurable damages
• Investigate the driving record of the driver who hit the cyclist
• Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement
• Pursue the at-fault driver in court
The injured cyclist can recoup money from their own insurance policy if they own a vehicle. This is covered under the personal injury protection (PIP) plan. Because bicycle accidents can leave behind catastrophic injuries, the PIP payment may not be enough to cover the damages and injuries. Thankfully, a lawyer can help a victim pursue the responsible driver’s insurance company or a lawsuit to recover the rest of their damages.
Those who have been seriously injured in bicycle accidents they did not cause are urged to seek a consultation meeting with a lawyer. If you would like further information, visit the website. Call the office of Stephen M. Reck and ask to schedule a consultation appointment so you can get started on the process of pursuing compensation. They will help you through every step so you can receive the fair outcome you deserve.