4 Things to Do Before Hiring a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer in Norwich, CT

by | May 8, 2018 | toplevellegal

It is the responsibility of property owners to make sure an area is always safe for people to walk. If the property owner is negligent and a person has a slip and fall accident, it can result in a serious injury. It can also result in financial loss in the form of expensive medical bills and lost wages. Since the property owner is responsible for the accident, they should be responsible for covering the victim’s losses. Before the victim contacts a slip and fall injury lawyer in Norwich, CT, there are a few things they should do first.

Seek Medical Attention

Immediately after the accident, the injured individual should see a doctor, even if they don’t think they were injured. In some cases, the adrenaline produced in the body can mask the pain, so to be on the safe side, they should see a doctor regardless. The medical reports will also be helpful for the lawsuit.

Take Photos of the Accident Site

If they can, the victim should take a photo of the area where they fell. This information will be very useful in court. Also, the individual will want to document the condition on the ground where the accident occurred before the property owner has a chance to correct the problem. If the person is unable to take the photos due to injuries, they should ask someone to do it for them.

Notify the Property Owner

The individual should notify the property owner of the accident as soon as possible. If they fell at a business, they should inform the business owner or the manager on duty.

Get the Witnesses’ Contact Information

If there were any witnesses to the accident, the individual should ask them to write down their contact information. If the case ends up going to court, witness testimony is crucial. If the individual is unable to collect the witness information due to being injured, they should ask one of the witnesses to gather the information.

The best way for a person to be compensated for their injuries and lost wages in a slip and fall accident is to hire a slip and fall injury lawyer in Norwich, CT. For more information, contact Stephen M. Reck .

The Must List