Our law office in Naples, FL, practices exclusively in the law of personal injury. Nearly all accidents involving personal injury pivot on the law if negligence. A person might be determined to be careless and negligent if he or she fails to act like an ordinary and reasonably prudent person would act under the same or similar circumstances. Here are some examples of the types of cases that the Law Office of Tammy Strohl, P.A. represents clients in:
- Auto, truck, motorcycle and boating accidents.
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents.
- Swimming pool injuries.
- Slip-and-falls and trip-and falls.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse.
- Wrongful death.
Overcoming the Threshold
As Florida is a no-fault insurance state, accident victims must overcome certain legal and medical thresholds in order to be eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit. As per Fla. Stat. Ann. section 627.737, here are those thresholds:
- A significant and permanent loss of an important bodily function.
- Permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability, other than scarring or disfigurement.
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement.
Don’t Give the Opposing Insurer a Statement
Opposing insurance companies will go to great lengths to place impediments in the way of meeting one or more thresholds. The Business Name. has the resources necessary to overcome those impediments. Don’t give the opposing insurer any type of a written or recorded statement. Florida law doesn’t require you to do that. You’ll probably devalue your own case by doing so.
After you have been injured in or around Naples in an accidents as a result of the carelessness and negligence of somebody else contact our law office in Naples, FL to arrange for a free consultation and case evaluation. We promise to answer your questions and advise you of all of your legal options.