The overwhelming rush of emotions felt after an auto accident can be difficult to deal with. Individuals are often faced with long recovery times, increasing medical bills, and lost wages. When trying to settle for compensation, it behooves victims to seek help from an Accident Lawyer in Greenbelt.
When Is a Lawyer Necessary?
While it is not always necessary for a victim to hire a lawyer, such as in a minor fender bender, some accident victims do need legal intervention. It is important a victim understands the signs they need to seek help from an Accident Lawyer in Greenbelt.
• A victim needs to seek the help of a lawyer if their injuries caused them to need surgery or a hospital stay.
• Victims who have become disabled because of their auto accident need to meet with a lawyer.
• When a victim is being given unfair treatment from the insurance adjuster, it is wise for them to seek advice from a lawyer.
• Victims who are being offered a low settlement should meet with a lawyer to discuss the value of their claim.
• If the insurance adjuster is asking for prior medical records, a victim needs to seek legal help to protect their rights.
If any of the above scenarios is occurring, a victim needs to make sure they schedule an appointment with a lawyer so they can discuss the details of their accident. A consultation appointment with a lawyer does not place a person under any obligation to retain the lawyer. This is simply a meeting that offers information and guidance. To know more, click here.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
A lawyer can help a victim understand the value of their claim and their rights. When a lawyer is hired, they immediately begin pursuing the insurance adjuster and will fight for their client’s right to receive a fair settlement. Should court become the only option, a lawyer is especially beneficial.
If you have been injured in a serious auto accident that was caused by another driver, it is your right to seek compensation for your damages. Contact the Jaklitsch Law Group so you can schedule your consultation appointment to get started.